Monday 17 May 2010

Coconuts, coconuts . . !

 

So summer should swiftly be on it's way and I wonder if this is why I have suddenly developed a fetish for coconut.
I have never really took to coconut products in the past. I don't like or dislike coconut branded/type beauty products. I have never given them enough time to find out.
No because as a child, I hated all things Coconut-tainted to eat.
However, I have recently been embracing all things Coconut-like. I'm trying to keep my mission as organic as possible and the word Coconut in the branding simply makes the product seem more pure, full of goodness and sunnier!
Also, guess what?
The scent of coconut is so much better then the taste. It is sweetly divine and I love it!
Let me share with you my current Coconutty fave.
The Pink Cow Coconut Creme Body Scrub
I use this every other day as recommended and it keeps my skin looking rejuvenated and fresh. It is not a heavy duty exfoliator but if you keep using it regularly then evantually it will easily maintain 'fresh' skin.
This product smells as delicious as it looks and actually does seem to be a 'beauty goodie'. It has not being tested on animals and is paraben (and allergen) free.
There is no doubt that I may well repurchase this product especially as it only costs £2.99 (Boots).
Then as if Coconut is not summery enough to induce purchase then have you read the little blurb on the front?!
1. Take half a coconut and make sail on a lime blue sea.
2. Be peaceful. . . tell your heart a fairy tale.
3. Say hurray for 'NO PARABENS'
Ha, I love this. A perfect bathtime product at a rock bottom price. Likey!

******

 I have also been enjoying The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter. I love body butters. Love; love; love! However, I've only ever used Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter and yummy Vanilla.
Until now.
Yep, I've discovered Coconut which has the same beautiful scent as my Pink Cow body scrub and, as usual with the Body Shop butters, that beautiful scent lingers all day. Yay!
This body butter is a lovely alternative to perfume now that summer is approaching but for those perfume fanatics (aherm!), it also works well as a base for perfume scents. I've used it layered with Stunning and Flora and this coconut gem has not failed me. I really feel pretty and more inspired to do something when there is a hint of coconut in the air.  
The ultra-moisturising Body Butters from the Body Shop retail from £5 and I believe you can currently get a free one with the June issue of Marie Claire. I'm not sure if Coconut is included in the offer though. . !
And finally as we are talking coconuts, I should mention Coconut Oil. I have Coconut oil which I purchased from Holland and Barrett and I have been using it on my hair after reading a post by Muhsine  http://bubblegarm.blogspot.com/2009/06/coconut-and-vitamin-e-oil.html.
I have used the oil in a couple of ways.
Firstly, combined with my conditioner/mask and secondly, alone. The first couple of times that I used the Coconut Oil, I My hair shone so much and it needed  little less styling when it is been conditioned with the coconut oil.
However after the first couple of washes with the oil, it seemed to build up and make my hair look greasy even when I had rinsed it out. So I tried shampooing it out too but I still needed to shampoo again the next day. Bear in mind the following: I have a tendency to overuse products; I was using the Naked Shampoo (one which has maybe underwhelmed me a little) and that I was also using Morrocan Oil afterwards on my towel dried hair but I still feel there was some additional build up courtesy of the Coconut Oil. I probably used about one and a half to two tablespoons. I think the suggested amount is a tablespoon but my extended hair is longgg!
Despite the build up, I will be using the coconut oil again but as a more occasional hair treatment maybe once a fortnight or so AND I will only be applying it to the bottom half of my head (ie.all the hair that would be pulled back into a ponytail) as I do not want greasy roots. I'm not sure that there is much of a coconut scent with the oil compared to the other two products that I have discussed but maybe all that rinsing has banished the scent or just maybe, I am always too busy fretting with my hair to notice the amazing aroma that the oil is giving out.
Do you have a favourite flavour when it comes to beauty products? Why not grab something coconut-like and give the summer a little encouragment to make its grand entrance?!

X

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...