Wednesday 7 July 2010

My new necklace+ a very pretty ring!




Look, I got my very own Sideways Cross necklace. Yeah, yeah Lollipop26 http://www.lollipop26writes.com/ style. You all know what I am like, so orginal!!!


I'm really pleased with it though. I've never had a necklace which makes me feel so grown up.

I'm not sure how easy it is going to be to keep it sitting straight - it took a bit of a play to get the shot above- but I quite like the slightly tilted thing in real life. It gives it that mismatched 'cool' effortlessly Kate Moss/Sienna Miller edge. Makes the classic a bit more bohemium! In the same way, the cross been sideways does in the first place.

Usually I am more of a bracelet person. I have got away without many necklaces for so long by wearing tops with interesting necklines.

When I have worn necklaces they tend to be the run of mill heart or initial pendant type ones, a little longer then this one or very occasionally, shorter ones full of beads since my family have a bead shop but until today, necklaces have been a special occasion thing for me.

However, I feel that this one is delicate and discreet enough (yet still contemporary) to wear everyday. Well, I don't think that I will be taking it off for a week or two anyway. Ha, this bling bling obsession does not seem to be subsiding.

I ordered my necklace from this seller on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/classicdesigns?ref=seller_info . I made the order on the Sunday before last (27th of June) and it arrived this morning all the way from Texas so I can't fault the service. There are several variations of the Sideways Cross on her website. I brought the Sideways Cross Necklace - The Original 14K Gold Filled Horizontal Cross - Handcrafted by Theresa Mink.

Theresa has some other Etsy stores and I do like (but must be good and not buy) A Summer Place, a beautiful cocktail ring inspired by the sea. I've borrowed this pic from her listing http://www.etsy.com/listing/50400292/a-summer-place-aqua-chalcedony-and




So is jewellery key in your own personal style? How do you work the bling? Ooh and have you ever made any of your own pieces, where can I check them out?

X

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...