Sunday 1 August 2010

Shop and shred!

So the clothes shopping did not end with the TopShop haul the other day, there is one more item (just one though, not so bad, is it?) that I picked up.



This simple one shouldered, red top from Republic.

There was no question when I saw it on the hanger that it was coming home with me. This is quite a simple top with a ruffle along the shoulder and round the neck line. With another one down the shoulderless side seam. There are probably lots of similar tops out there but not this one, in this exact shade of red. There are many shades of red that I can not pull off but this top is in the one very precise and maybe only hue that flatters me (tanned or natural) and in fact, seems to give me the "glow".

Just looking at this bright colour makes me smile and feel more alive.

However sadly, this top is not 100% perfect. It clings (in whatever size I try). In fact, a lot of tops seem to be clinging around my tummy area lately. I'm hoping that all the good fruit and veg I'm eating is just causing a little bloating but I fear otherwise.

Nevertheless, I wanted this top!

After all, it is red (that red), one shouldered and very flattering (as long as I cross my arms or keep my gaze up). I doubt I will find a top as near to perfect for a long time and in the meantime, I know that if I walked away then I would regret it.

So I brought the gorgeous red top!
And promised myself that I would just have to use some control underwear or some layering or a big belt to wear it or some very high waisted trousers. That is, if I haven't toned up a little more by then.

Which brings me to, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.


I have started shredding. So far I have done it three days straight and I WILL be doing it for another 27. At the moment, I'm shamelessly clinging to level 1 but I will push myself up to level 2 and then level 3 soon. I will, I've promised myself!


Jillian is tough with all her 'pain is fear leaving the body' talk and suchlike. Yet in twenty minutes, I do get a sweat and aches start, which last the day, so surely it is doing some good.

The twenty minute regime is made up of three circuits. Each circuit has three minutes of strength training (you need weights), two minutes of cardio and one minute of abs. Then of course, the workout includes a warm up and a cool down.

The two things I like about this fitness regime is that you don't need any coordination and it only lasts twenty minutes. I've been doing it first thing in the morning before my Green Monster.

I think if I left it any later in the day then I might not find the motivation and also, I'm finding once the workout is done then I feel good. So the last couple of days, I have felt pretty good all day and I'm sure it is because I dragged myself out of bed and in to some jumping jacks!

Has anybody else done the shred? Did you keep it up? What can I realistically expect to achieve in 30 days? Do you find yourself making some compromises in order to add another gorgeous addition to your wardrobe?

X

4 comments:

Ess-Jay24 said...

I started the 30 day shred, thinking i could stick to it with it only being 20mins and Jillian is evil haha. I failed, i gave up after a while, but i WILL start it again soon!

Essjay23x said...

@Ess-Jay24 Awh, don't worry, I've got a feeling I will be writing the same as you in a week. I'm a bit more optimistic about it this time of day when it is done then I am at 7am in the morning with it is sitting at the top of my 'to do' list. Good luck WHEN you start it again:)

nicoletta said...

the top looks gorgeous i love red too. Good luck with the fitness too x

Essjay23x said...

@nicoletta thank you, luck WILL be required!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...