Wednesday 2 March 2011

Embryolisse


I have been using this moisturiser at least once a day since Christmas after hearing the Pixiwoo girls raving about it. Apparently this cream is a must have for many professional make up artists and dermatologists for years. It was developed by a doctor in a Parisian hospital over sixty years ago and Embryolisse claims that it moisturises,soothes, smoothes and repairs skin.


And yes, I think it really does tick each of these boxes. According to the tube, the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre formula is composed from ‘Emoillient oil and combination of natural active ingredients: shea butter, beeswax, aloe vera and soy proteins. Symdiol 68T paraben-free preservative complex’.



It is quite a thick cream that can be used as a moisturiser, primer, night cream, face mask, cleanser and probably for any skincare function. I’ve used it mostly as a moisturiser once a day. Sometimes at night and sometimes in the day.

When I put it on my skin, I am careful not to use too much as it quite a thick cream (but mixes in easily with foundation to create a tinted moisturiser), I feel no irritation at all. It is very gentle and the only thing I really feel is the weight of it occasionally when I have been a little more heavy handed but after two or three minutes, it quickly sinks in to the skin and ten minutes later, all I’m left with is very soft, smooth skin. The Coco Beau website says that Embroyolisse products can leave your skin like silk. That is a good way to describe the work this lovely cream does.

When I use this at night, I do layer it on more thickly but I’m left with hydrated and soft skin the next morning. There is also more of a glow and a healthy look about my skin as of late. I’m not sure if this is down to the Embryolisse (I have tried a lot of new skincare over the last few months) but if my skin hadn’t took to the moisturiser then I’m sure it would have quickly lost the glow!

Please note, I’m not sure how to explain this. The Embryolisse does always sink in to my skin and leave the satin finish. However, over the last week or so, I have noticed that it takes just a little longer to sink in properly on my forehead. I think my skin is actually balancing out a little and losing some of its dryness. It maybe that by repurchase time I no longer need the concentrated classic and am better suited to the lighter lotion. Some of you with more oily skin may want to consider this as an alternative from the very beginning.

The packaging for this product is not particularly exciting, a squeezable tube (very hygenic and dispenses easily) and a cardboard box. In fact, there really is a very functional, medicinal feel about this product maybe because it works and it comes with a great advice leaflet but that is as far as the indulgence goes.

However when you are paying so little for a product that actually works, then there may well be a few pennies left over for an additional ‘treat’. Like my thinking?!

Ooh and also, I have purchased both my Embryolisse tubes from Coco Beau here and honestly I can not recomend this site enough. Personally I have never had such great service from a website. Delivery was very quick even at Christmas within 24 to 48 hours. The products were wrapped beautifully in tissue with a little note thanking me for my custom. I was so touched by the extra thought that Coco Beau appear to give their customers.

Have you used Embryolisse or brought anything exciting from Coco Beau? Oh and has anybody used Oilatrium, another recommendation from Pixiwoo?

X

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...