Wednesday 27 June 2012

LOTD 3: Book

Link to Louise's LOTD post and blog.


Today's 'Love of the Day' topic is books and there are so many I could have picked but for those of you who have been following my blog for a while, you will probably not be surprised by the book that I have chosen to feature today.


This book is autobiographical and tells of Katie's journey after she was raped and attacked with acid. This book is not only about how Katie came to terms with her change in appearence. She had to deal with so much more then that including great health problems, a number of operations, a fight for justice and the psychological consquences of the horrific attacks. She had to deal with so much while overcoming obstacle after obstacle. Her life was changed forever.

Yep, on a day to day basis, I'm still one of the first to grumble about the rain and such trivia but I DO completely believe that since reading Katie's story, my sense of perspective has changed on a deeper level so that I also appreciate the fact that I'm able to jump from puddle to puddle if I so want.

Honestly, I've said it before here but I wholeheartedly can not recommend this book enough. Pick it up and it'll stay with you forever.

Hope you're all doing ok, we're all well on our way to the weekend now. Yay, what books have touched you?

X


4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow I just discovered your blog and really like it. Think you have great style and am following now! Definitely a new fan! You are very inspiring
Pop up by my page when you get a chance xoxo Tamara
www.theglamandglitter.com

Unknown said...

This book has been on my list for a while. I think she is such an inspiring women, and an inspiration to many. Its great that her story touched you :D

OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

Unknown said...

Love it, can't wait to see what you do next. Check out my blog, we should follow each other!!
Material Fixations

Essjay23x said...

@Cat0805
Totally, her story has really given me some perspective :) Hope you get to read it soon.

@Meganne
Thank you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...